Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week of December 8th, 2014

Angela and I swapped menus this week. I love swapping menus with her because I make dishes I might not have picked on my own and every time I cook I think of my dear friend!

Apple Sausage Pot Pie - I used chicken apple sausage for this and LOVED the cheddar biscuit topping. We enjoyed serving this to company.


Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Spaghetti - Mark loved this but I felt like the can of fire roasted tomatoes gave it a burnt flavor. I think it would be been great with regular diced tomatoes.


Hoisin Pork Noodles -This especially reminded me to Angela since she loves her asian food :) I renamed this Asian stack-up because it's like a taco salad where you can just add whatever you want. Super kid friendly. We just let them add whatever they wanted to their stack-up (they had to chose at least one veggie). 5 stars


Salmon and Feta Quiche - I think I would have liked this more if I used fresh salmon. The salmon in the pouch tasted too much like tuna for me.


Butternut Harvest Stew - Also a home run for company. I used a pork tenderloin.


Overnight Egg Sandwiches - 5 Stars. I made these in the morning and served them for dinner. SOOO yummy

Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins- It's not everyday you get to make muffins in a blender. I loved Angela's idea of only putting a couple of chocolate chips in the top of the muffin. Still seems like a "choc-lick" muffin to my kids!


Sweet Potato Spice Cake- this was as good as Angela said it would be. It didn't taste very much like sweet potato- just a wonderfully moist spice cake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails