Sunday, December 15, 2013

Week of December 9th, 2013

This week we had our dear friends the Paynes in town. It is always fun to share our love of cooking together!

Grilled Mojito Chicken Sandwiches- I had to share one of my favorite recipes of the year with them.

*Bow-tie pasta with butternut squash, spinach and mushrooms- Thanks Jaime for the recipe recommendation! I don't make dishes which feature lots of mushrooms often because Mark isn't the biggest fan. It was fun to plan this for lunch one day when Angela was visiting because I knew she could appreciate it with me.

*Potato, Chicken and Green Beans- One of Angela's easy one-pot meals (don't forget to plan for it to be in the oven for an hour)

*Sweet and Spicy Grilled Cheese with caramelized onions- yum. Couldn't find challah bread but it was still delicious on normal wheat bread

*Thai Green Curry Meatballs- Will definitely make again. Not too spicy for the kids

Dinner out at Chipotle

Snacks/Breakfast
*Eggnog Baked Oatmeal- It was tasty. The carmelized bananas were really what made it. If I make it again I will skip the egg nog because I couldn't really taste it and just do the carmelized bananas.

*Cinnamon Bun White Hot Chocolate- Infusing the milk with cinnamon sticks totally made a difference.

* = new recipe

1 comment:

beth said...

I made the chicken, green beans and potatoes recently too! We really liked it (and how simple it was to throw together). I had a little extra homemade "cream of chicken soup" in the fridge that I spooned on top. :) I loved this recipe because it was so wonderfully easy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails