Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week of February 11th

*Red Posole- Homerun. Loved the tender pork in the flavorful soup broth. I've had this recipe saved to make for about 2 years now. If Trader Joes sold hominy, we'd have it more often.

*Shredded Chicken with Apricots- doubled this for Community Group. I overcooked the chicken (I only had the crockpot on "keep warm" all day but it is a crazy overachieving crockpot) so it was a little dry and the apricots and dates kind of disappeared

*Coconut Shrimp Curry- Another awesome recipe recommendation from Becky. This is a 5 star recipe and will be made again soon!

*Butternut Squash Tortilla Soup- I loved the flavor and the different textures in each bite.

Carrot and Tomato Soup- Mark's not a fan but I needed to use up tomatoes, carrots and basil so this fit the bill. Also, Mark isn't a huge soup person in general so I think I overdid the soups in the menu this week :)

*Crispy Cheese Pulled Pork Tacos- AMAZING. 5 star recipe for sure. Taco shells made out of fried cheese?? Get out of here!

Snacks
Homemade Applesauce
Chocolate Cake (For Valentines Day)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails