Thursday, December 13, 2012

Week of December 3rd, 2012

*Mexican Pizza- a copycat Taco Bell mexican pizza recipe. How could this not be delicious? I was not disappointed!

Community Group

*Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti- very good. I'll make this again for sure but I will make my own white sauce next time with a traditional rue (using flour).

*Grilled Halloumi Sandwiches with homemade hummus (I'm a homemade hummus convert!)
Fry Halloumi in a skillet , put in pita with hummus, cucumbers and tomatoes

Hummus
one can chickpeas, drained
one clove garlic, minced
one big heaping spoonful tahini paste (probably a heaping tablespoon)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
a pinch or two of salt

Put everything in the blender and go for it.  My vitamix gets it really creamy, but it takes several times to turn it off, push the stuff back down, and turn on again.  If it's too thick, I start by adding just a bit of water and if it still needs more liquid a little bit more olive oil or lemon juice.

* = new recipes

Snacks
Fudgy Brownies with Cookie Butter Frosting (again)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails