Monday, August 27, 2012

Week of August 20th, 2012

*Gingery Pork Meatballs- I really enjoyed the flavor in these meatballs. Angela had mentioned the noodles were a little bland so I added some soy sauce while cooking the veggies. I would definitely make again.

*Italian Beef Sandwiches- I served these for community group and I thought they were ok. I like these French Dip sandwiches a lot more.

*Lemon Spaghetti- Perfect easy meal for two different picnics we had this week- dinner at Matthews Beach and lunch at Jetty Island. It's hard to get my kids to eat anything at the beach because they are so distracted. This recipe worked!

*Swiss Chard Tacos- Our neighbor John was gracious to give us some swiss chard from his garden. Mark was not excited about this recipe but ended up enjoying them. He said he could mainly taste the caramelized onions and the feta cheese. And that was fine by him.

Chicken marinated with Soy-vay teriyaki sauce, grilled and served with brown rice and snap peas and peppers

Dinner at my sister's house- she made the always amazing Pizza Pockets


Snacks
*Pumpkin Spice Granola- James said, "Mom, please don't make this kind again." I thought it was pretty tasty but apparently not a fav of the entire family!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails