Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week of August 13th, 2012

*Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprouts- We loved this but wished there was more of a pesto flavor. I would have used 1/2 cup instead of the 1/3 cup it calls for.

*Mediterranean Chicken and Couscous Wraps- Angela recommended this one because it's fast and simple. It's a great inexpensive, week night meal. We used an entire box of herbed couscous.

*Greek Black-Eyed Peas Salad- I really liked the flavor combination of this unique salad. It took us a looooooooong time to cook the black-eyed peas. This would be a fun New Years recipe.

Fruit Nut Salad- A fun meal for the first night of my mother-in-law's visit with us.

Pizza at Five Restaurant in Edmonds- Awesome patio, totally kid friendly. I would never take my kids to the swanky restaurant inside but the patio was perfect. It was the perfect place to go on the evening it was 94 degrees in Seattle. What?!?


Snack
*Quinoa Protein Balls- These are a really great snack! I also love that they are in the freezer so I'm not eating more than I should.

* = new recipe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails