Saturday, July 14, 2012

Coconut Oil Granola Bars


One of the mix-ins I chose was mini chocolate chips.  But when I added them to the warm oat/PB mixture they melted (which makes sense) which turned these into more of a kudos bar. Not that I'm complaining, they were delicious! I was just expecting more of a normal granola bar.  Because of the melted chocolate, these had to be kept in the fridge and eaten quickly after they were taken out!

1/2 cup peanut butter or sunbutter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup oats
1 cup total of any combination of:  sesame seeds, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, mini chocolate chips (I did all except dried fruit)

In a medium sized saucepan, melt together peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.

Remove from heat and add one cup of oats.  Choose your favorite combination of coconut flakes, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, dried fruit and mini chocolate chips, to equal a total of ONE CUP.  (I just got out my one cup measuring cup and poured in the ingredients until the cup was full.)  Pour in and stir well.
Stir well, then spread mixture into a 8×8 or 9×4 pan.

Chill for two hours, then cut into bars.

Wrap in plastic wrap for a quick grab and go snack!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails