Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Labor Inducing" Cookies

I'm currently 8 days past my due date.  Seriously.  I never, ever, ever thought I would be this late.  So...I've pretty much been trying every labor inducing trick out there.  I'm actually bouncing on a ball as I type this.  Google "induce labor" and you'll find a plethora of crazy ideas and I've pretty much crossed everyone off the list :)  Including this one.  They were a really good, gingery cookie so I wasn't too bummed when nothing happened afterwards.  The cayenne gives a little kick that you can feel in your mouth after you're done eating them.

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 tablespoons (or 1 stick) margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar (will also need extra sugar to roll cookie dough in)
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup molasses
2 egg whites

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and cayenne pepper in small mixing bowl.  Set dry ingredients aside.

Then blend margarine in large mixing bowl.  Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar slowly.  Add the molasses, then the egg whites.  Finally, add the dry ingredients to your mix.

Roll dough into ¾ inch balls.  Roll cookie balls in sugar to lightly coat each cookie.  Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails