Thursday, January 5, 2012

Asian Beef Tacos

Another home run recipe from Angela.  Super, super easy to throw into the crockpot.

2-3 pounds beef roast
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 head garlic (peeled, but leave cloves intact--approx 10 cloves)
1/2 onion, diced
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 whole jalapeno, diced

There's no way to make this complicated.  Throw everything into your slow cooker.  If you just can't handle the freedom, add the ingredients in alphabetical order.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Shred meat and serve with slaw on warm (or lightly fried) tortillas or rice.

Asian Slaw:
4 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 small red onion, finely chopped
pinch of salt and pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 - 1 tsp sriracha
1/2 tsp sugar

Toss cabbage, carrots, and onion.  Season with salt and pepper.

Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, sesame oil, sriracha, and sugar until smooth. Taste; add more salt if needed.  Pour dressing over vegetables and mix to combine.

4 comments:

The McFarlane Family said...

These were AWESOME! Will make them again soon!

RobinsonHome said...

Made these last night...soooo good. I added an additional step to the beef since I used grass fed beef and it can tend to be a bit tougher. I added all the crockpot ingredients plus enough water to almost cover the roast. 30 min. before we were going to eat I ladled out as much of the broth as I could into a sauce pan and reduced it down to 1/4 of what it started out at. The flavor was so yummy and the beef very tender.

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

This is in my slow cooker and it smell's like PF Chang's in my house. Yumm Just wanted to come back and say Thanks. (We don't do that enough since Pinterest, right?!) I repinned this from someone on Pinterest.. Shared with my readers on FB just now.

Lina
Fancy Frugal Life

Tricia@ http://craftingthedayawayy.blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks for sharing. I've made this many times since I found the recipe. I use a pork roast instead of beef.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails