Friday, December 16, 2011
Tex-Mex Beef Brunch Quiche
Pastry dough for 1-crust 9-inch pie
1 pound Kirkland Signature lean ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups nacho or taco shredded cheese blend
Method of Tex Mex Beef Brunch Quiche Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry dough; set aside.
3. Sauté ground beef until browned; drain off fat. Remove from the heat and stir in salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, green onion and tomatoes.
4. Place eggs and water in a bowl and blend well.
5. Layer the ground beef mixture, egg mixture and cheese in the pie shell.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until set. Makes 6-8 servings.