Monday, October 17, 2011

Ode to the Red Plates

We've had our signature red plates since we've been married but unfortunately, it is time to part with them.  Apparently us, our kids or our dishwasher were too rough on them.  We could not stop chipping them!  So sad! So my gracious mother-in-law took the few plates that weren't chipped (she has the set as well) and gave me an entire set of bone china.  She says that they are really hard to chip.  We'll see how they fare in the Heaviland household.  R.I.P. Red Plates!

3 comments:

Eileen Short said...

sniff, sniff...I will be wearing red tomorrow in memory of those red-plate memories

Angela said...

I am a big fan of red, but I'm loving the white! All white is my goal.

Melody said...

Oh sad! I love those red plates, they make such a statement in all your pictures. Enjoy your new china!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails