Monday, October 17, 2011

Little Dipper CrockPot Chocolate Fondue

I wanted to plan a fondue home date for Mark and I put I couldn't find our fondue pot for the life of me.  Of course, the one time in 7 years I want to use it!  So, I borrowed my friend's little dipper and made this recipe.  It was sooooooooo yummy!

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark, milk, or white. Your choice.)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla

If you do not have a Little Dipper (psst. the holidays are coming...) you can put an oven-safe dish inside of a larger crockpot. Do not add water. There's no need to create a water bath for melting chocolate in the crockpot. It melts nice and slow. Or! you can quintuple the recipe and have a good ol' time.

Put chocolate chips in the crockpot. Add the heavy cream and teaspoon of vanilla. Cover. Plug in and cook on low (or the ON setting for the LD) for about an hour. Stir.

Serve with apple chunks, banana slices, cubes of pound cake, mini chocolate chip cookies, strawberries, or marshmallows.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ha! This reminds me of the crock pot party you organized a million years ago. So fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails