Monday, October 31, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Cornbread

Another great recipe from Angela. Am I allowed to give a simple side dish 5 stars? I had to stop myself from eating the whole pan, so I guess so.  Please serve hot out of the oven! I served it with butter beans.

1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
4 oz. frozen chopped broccoli, slightly thawed (I chopped mine even more, making the pieces fairly small)
4 oz. small curd cottage cheese
2 eggs
6 Tbsp. butter, softened so it's just beginning to melt
1/4 tsp. onion salt

Mix everything together well in a large bowl.  Pour into a lightly greased square dish.  Cook at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

1 comment:

Eileen Short said...

trying this tomorrow! (and might have to play some DJ Malone in the background)

Thanks Jessie :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails