Sunday, August 21, 2011

Zucchini Cookies


Have I mentioned I've been getting a TON of zucchini from my neighbor?  Therefore, we've been eating a ton of zucchini :)  I've made zucchini cookies before but when a friend passed along this recipe with butterscotch chips, I couldn't resist trying a new recipe.  They were fantastic.  I had 4 within 10min.  I'm eating for 2 right??

½ cup butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 small zucchini, shredded (about 1 c.)
1 cup oatmeal
¾ cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup butterscotch

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and mix into the wet mixture. Add the shredded zucchini, oatmeal,  coconut, and butterscotch chips and mix thoroughly. Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto  greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails