Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sriracha-Glazed Chicken


Tyler Green needs to try this recipe asap. He drinks about a bottle of Sriracha a week. The flavor of the chicken was awesome and I only marinated it for about 15min. Next time I'll try overnight. You'll see in the recipe below that the original recipe is for chicken wings. However, Mark and I prefer boneless bites better so I used cubed chicken tenders.

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken wings, cut in half at joint (wing tips removed), or drumsticks (I used tenders)

In a glass baking dish, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha sauce, sugar, ginger, and sesame oil. Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Bake until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 30 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Is it wrong to want to put Sriracha on top of the Sriracha Glazed Chicken.

Angela said...

Ha! I love Jaime's comment! I will definitely be trying this . . . as soon as I can find Sriacha.

Jaime said...

Tyler left that comment :). And I am sure when I make this he will put more Sricacha on it :).
Jaime

Jaime said...

This was really yummy!! The flavor of the chicken surprized me, but we both really liked it! And yes Tyler did put more sriracha on it :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails