Monday, April 11, 2011

Lindsey's Mini Cheesy Turkey Meatloaves


So, I'm not a meatloaf fan. And my sister knows that. But she still said I HAD to try this recipe that her friend Lindsey brought to her after her baby was born. I was skeptical to say the least. But, of course my sister was right. They are SO good and not even in the meatloaf category. First of all, it's not a LOAF which is really my biggest hang-up and it's stuffed with cheese. So...when are you going to try these?

3 pounds ground turkey
1-1/2 cups milk
1-1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
3 eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/4 pounds Colby cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1-1/2 cups chopped frozen spinach (I used an entire 16 oz bag), thawed and drained (squeezed well in a towel)
3/4 cup ketchup (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a bowl, mix the turkey, milk, bread crumbs, spinach and eggs by hand. Season with salt and pepper. You can make this recipe as a loaf or divide mixture into small mini-loaves. Place 2-3 cubes of cheese into the middle of each loaf. Top with ketchup if desired (before baking).
Bake 30 min in the preheated oven (for mini-loaves), to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).

4 comments:

Jaime said...

That meatloaf recipe from all recipes is the one we use all the time (and the recipe I made the first time you came over for dinner). We love it! I double the topping though :).

Shannon said...

Do you put the ketchup on before or after baking? And how long do you cook it for becuase I'm guessing "30 hours" was a typo, lol!

The Heaviland Family said...

Shannon- you are right :) It should be 30min.

Shannon said...

Thanks! I am adding these to my meal plan and gonna try them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails