Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thanksgiving in Iceland!


This year Mark and I will be taking off for our first trip without kids over Thanksgiving. We're going to Iceland and my mom will be flying up to watch the kids. I'm super excited to explore a new country with my hubbie- hopefully we will see some Northern Lights. I've never been out of the country for a major holiday and there are things about Thanksgiving at home that I will miss. Like having an excuse to bust out my drop leaf table, my china, praline sweet potatoes and having my house full of friends and family. Lamb is really big in Iceland so maybe that will be a part of our Thanksgiving feast! Have you started to think about your Thanksgiving menu?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hi Jesse,
That is so exciting you guys are going to Iceland! And a trip without the kids will be very relaxing. I hope you guys have an amazing trip!
As far as our Thanksgiving, this is our first back in AZ with the family (we moved back to AZ in July) so it is the first one that I won't be cooking the whole meal for five years. I am relieved and sad at the same time, but really looking forward to all of the yummy recipes from my childhood. Right now I plan to make an apple pie, but I am still debating on which recipe to use. I am also planning to bring one of my favorite recipes from last Thanksgiving, a Broccoli and Gruyere Gratin from Real Simple. Very yummy!
Well I thought I'd leave a comment to say I still check your blog often to get new recipe ideas. Have a great trip, and Happy Holidays!
Brittany Pendegraft

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails