Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pumpkin Smoothies


How is it possible that I have a pumpkin recipe on my food blog before my friend Angela the pumpkin queen?? I must be excited for fall! These were really refreshing.

1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
3/4 cup canned pumpkin, chilled
1/2 cup ice cubes
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar (I left this out and it was plenty sweet)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of ground cloves
1 ripe banana, sliced and frozen
Dash of ground cinnamon (optional)

Preparation
Combine yogurt and next 8 ingredients (through banana) in a blender, and process until smooth. Garnish with dash of ground cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

The McFarlane Family said...

I have all this stuff, I'm trying it out this weekend!!

The McFarlane Family said...

My family was very happy with pumpkin smoothies tomorrow. I even heard Charlie say "I like yellow smoothies the best!"

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

I added some pumpkin to my green smoothie batch the other day and it was lovely! I love pumpkin ice cream so I'll have to try this, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails