Monday, August 2, 2010

Favorite Summer Recipes

Here are my top summer recipes!!

One of my favorite things about summer is berry picking! If you are in the Seattle area, Mercer Slough is a great place for blueberry picking. Here's one of my favorite recipes for using up those blueberries: Blueberry Zucchini Bread

The spicy chicken in the recipe is super tasty all on its own. But paired up with crisp romaine, buttery avocadoes and sweet mangos, this recipe is amazing. Spicy Honey Chicken Salad

Grilling pizza is such a fun excuse to throw a summer party. I love to make the dough ahead of time and then have a spread of a ton of different toppings for guests to make their own pizza creations. What a low stress dinner menu! Grilled Pizza

If you have kids and have a hard time getting them to eat any kind of food, here's a tip for you: put it on a skewer. Seriously. I know it will require supervision for little ones, but they love the idea of having their food on a stick. Another great idea for summer picnics? Frozen fruit skewers. Just cube up watermelon, pineapple, cataloupe and grapes. Sweker them and then freeze them before you leave for the picnic! Chicken Satay Skewers

This chowder is SOOOO SOOOO good. This summer I'm going to try skipping the corn grilling step and just subbing the frozen fire roasted corn from Trader Joes. Another tip: it calls for 2 chipotle peppers, not 2 cans of chipotle peppers. A friend of mine was very confused when she used 2 cans and it was so hot that she could not take a bite. Corn and Chipotle Chowder

The Pioneer Woman has fantastic recipes on her blog- check her out if you haven't already. This is my favorite of her recipes. Hmmmmm, wait, maybe it's her Sheet Cake. Well, anyways this is definitely in my top three. And it's my go-to meal for bringing a meal to new moms. It's light, crunchy, flavorful and beautiful! Asian Noodle Salad

I know summer is supposed to be about cooking ribs on the grill. BUT you've just got to trust me on this one. Try these ribs and you'll be making slow cooker ribs for the rest of your life. Slow Cooker Ribs

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails