Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fettuccini with Basil and Brie

The flavors were pretty good in this pasta but I was expecting the brie to be a lot more melted and creamy. I don't think just adding hot pasta got the dish hot enough. I would add the tomato/brie mixture back into the pasta pot to heat it all up together.

12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups cubed Brie cheese
3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Directions

In a large bowl combine chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, brie, chopped basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and let stand at room temperature to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
In a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat, cook the fettuccine until al dente, about 12 minutes.
Drain the fettuccine and toss with the sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

3 comments:

The McFarlane Family said...

My brie totally melts and it is super creamy. Yum! I have to object that is is at least 4-5 stars!

Melody said...

I was wondering if this is the one I made, but now that I see Em's comment, I know it is! My brie didn't melt super well either, so I ended up throwing mine back over a little heat to help it out.

I didn't have any fresh basil, so I used homemade pesto and it was delicious!!

The McFarlane Family said...

Now that I think about it I think that I throw mine in the pot with the noodles so that is probably why it is hot. So now I confess, we eat things out of the pot not a nice serving dish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails