Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oreo Truffles


Faith Carpenter is guilty of getting me addicted to oreo truffles. They are heaven in a ball. The basic recipe is:

1 package mint oreos
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, room temperature
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 T shortening

Crush the oreos in a food processor or chopper and mix in cream cheese. Form into balls and refrigerate on wax paper for at least two hours. Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave or double boiler, coat balls and return to wax paper and refrigerate.

My first attempt at recreating Faith's truffles was last night and although they still tasted amazing, they didn't look near at pretty as hers (hence me using someone else's picture above).

Pioneer Woman has step by step instructions on making truffles (not oreo balls but the technique is still the same) that I wish I would have seen before attempting mine last night.

1 comment:

The McFarlane Family said...

I love to eat those things but hate to make them. Everybody says they are so easy and I end up head to toe in chocolate every time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails