Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tortellini with Bacon, Greens and Brown Butter


My friend Michele says butter and bacon make everything better. This recipe is no exception.

1 pound cheese or meat tortellini (I used sausage tortellini)
4 ounces sliced bacon
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups arugula (about 1 bunch)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation
Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Reserve the bacon and discard the drippings.

Wipe out skillet and return to medium heat. Add the butter and melt, swirling or stirring with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam and sputter. Remove the butter from the heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smells nutty, about 1 minute.

Break the bacon into small pieces and add to skillet with the arugula, salt, pepper, and cooked tortellini. Toss well and divide among individual bowls.

Tip: If you can't find arugula, try this dish with spinach, basil, or watercress.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Can I just tell you how much I love arugula? It is my new favorite thing. It grew like a weed as ground cover for my tomato plants. I am looking forward to trying this one (sans bacon, of course!).

RAP said...

oooooh . . . as if it didn't sound good enough, your picture makes me want to try it even more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails