Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Love" Sauce

Bethany gave me this recipe recently and I am forever grateful. It has become a pregnancy craving of mine. As soon as I stop eating it, I start thinking about when I can eat it again.

27 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. canned diced jalapenos
1 t salt
1/2 c. cilantro
3 cloves garlic
3-4 dried tepin or pequin or chile de arbol peppers
(usually found in clear, plastic bags in the hispanic food aisle)
10 oz. water

Fry the dried chilis in a small amount of oil over medium heat until browned slightly (~5 min)
Add all ingredients to blender and puree.
Serve with chips or over eggs, tacos, sandwiches, etc

1 comment:

Kaci Lundgren said...

I just made this and it was stinkin' good! The minute I read "pregnancy craving" I couldn't get it out of my mind. I even forgot salt and the water and it was still excellent...I don't know if I will ever put the water in! You're awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails