Friday, February 20, 2009

Chocolate Trifle


I made this trifle for Nisha's pampered chef party (thanks Nisha!) and it was a hit!  Certainly not low-cal, but delicious!  I didn't have a brownie mix (Safeway bagger forgot to put it in my bag- grrrr) so I used this recipe.

1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy


DIRECTIONS
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I have always longed for a trifle bowl!! They make for such a stunning presentation. Your dessert looks fabulous!

Jane said...

I have no idea how it tastes but looks amazing.

The McFarlane Family said...

I love this and make it frequently. I like to layer more candy bar within the layers and if I don't have a brownie mix I just crumble up 1/2 to 3/4 of a chocolate cake. Yum! Yours turned out gorgeous!

Luke and Nisha said...

Yum! This was not only delicious, but it looked amazing. That's why I'm getting the trifle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails