Another Rachael Ray Recipe we really like.
1 lb small shrimp, deveined and peeled, tails removed
2 tsp. lemon zest plus the juice of 1/4 lemon
1/4 cup EVOO
6 garlic cloves
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 handfuls fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2/3 lb orzo
1 small red onion
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. Heat a large pot of water for the orzo.
2. When the water boils, salt it and cook the orzo al dente.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
4. Season the shrimp with the lemon zest, lemon juice, and a little salt.
5. Add the EVOO to the hot pan, then add the onions, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
6. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook for a minute more.
7. Add the chery tomatoes, parsley, olives, oregano and white vermouth, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Cook until the shrimp are pink and firm, then turn off the heat.
9. Drain the cooked orzo and drizzle with a touch of EVOO to keep it from sticking.
10. Serve the orzo topped with the feta crumbles and the shrimp mixture.