Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crockpot Mexican Style Shredded Pork


This pork really had a kick to it (I may have used a little more chipotle sauce than it called for) and it was really tasty layered with blue chips, cilantro, brown rice, corn, cheese and black beans.

1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chipotles in adobo sauce, pureed
1/2 cups water

Directions

Place the roast in a slow cooker, and season with salt. Place chile peppers and garlic on top of roast. Pour in the chipotle sauce and 1/2 cup water.
Cover, and cook 7 hours on Low. (I shredded my roast about 4 hours into the cooking time)

Remove roast from the slow cooker, and use two forks to shred. Serve over the cooked rice.

1 comment:

Kaci Lundgren said...

I have a recipe like this but I also put some lime juice & raisin puree in it to make it more flavorful (and I even put Corona in instead of the water once and that was really tasty!) I got all the ideas off of allrecipes.com, so I can't take credit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails