Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jen Bowhey's honey mustard chicken


I met Jen Bowhey in Safeway.  She's just that friendly.  We both had babies in our carts and before you know it, we were talking about colic, breastfeeding, formula, etc.  Our babes are really close in age so it has been fun to get together for play dates and get to know each other better.  Her and her hubbie Steve had Mark and I over for dinner and made this scrumptious chicken.  I was embarrassed by how many tenders I kept eating.  I couldn't get enough!  When I make this again, I am going to finish them off under the broiler to get some extra crisp!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
 
Ingredients: 
 
3 Chicken Breasts, cut into tenders
 
Wet Mix:
4 T Butter
1 T Honey
1 T Honey Mustard
2 teaspoons Stone Ground Mustard
1 Egg White
 
 Dry Mix:
1 Cup Finely Shredded Parmesan
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
3 T Parsley 
 
Dipping Sauce:
2 T Butter
3 T Honey
4 Teaspoons Honey Mustard
1 Teaspoon Stone Ground Mustard
  
Pound out chicken with tenderizing hammer (salt and pepper if you wish)
Melt about 4 tablespoons butter in microwave.  Wisk in 1 T honey, 1 T Honey mustard and 2 teaspoons Stone Ground Mustard.  Add one egg white and wisk.
Mix all dry ingredients in large shallow pan or bowl.  Dip chicken in wet mix, then dry mix and put on baking sheet.  Bake 20-30 minutes until chicken reaches 180 degrees & topping looks golden brown (No need to flip chicken breasts).  While chicken is cooling, melt 2 T butter in mirowave, wisk other dipping ingredients.  Serve immediately.

3 comments:

outdoorgriller said...

I love chicken tenders and those look great.If you want more grilling recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

The Green Family said...

I have to say that this is by far my FAVORITE chicken dish!!! We loved it!
Jaime

Team Williams said...

I'm always excited when I find a recipe on your website that has ingredients I can get here in Australia. This was one of those recipes . . . and I loved it! The dipping sauce makes it. Well, that and the plethora of parm cheese! :)

Meagan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails