Monday, December 29, 2008

Crockpot Chicken with Black Beans

One of the simplest meals I've ever made and maybe should have been rated 5 stars if it looked prettier :) My toddler ate so much of it I was worried he was going to puke from overconsumption.

4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can corn
1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, any kind
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

Directions
Take 4-5 FROZEN boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked. (My crockpot is always super hot so I actually just put it on "keep warm" and leave the chicken in there for 6-7 hours)
Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi-I'm a friend of Eileen Short's who passed your blog on to me for recipes. I tried this last night after Eileen's suggestion, and I think I wanted to feel like your husband, eat until I puked! I didn't, (eat that much I mean), but it was fantastic! I'm looking forward to trying more of your great recipes! The Chicken/Black Bean Chilaquiles (sp?) are next on my list. :)

The Green Family said...

We made these this last week and loved them. Averie loved them too. We decided to put them into tortillas instead of rice though. Thanks for all your yummy recipes Jessie!!
Jaime

Kelsey and Austin said...

Hey, Aus and I are making this tomorrow so I'll tell you how it worked out!

Eileen Short said...

yep, these rock.

Kerry said...

Ooh, made this tonight for dinner on my way out the door to do some school shopping. The 3 older children all asked for seconds, and the Toddler cleaned her bowl! My husband and I thought it was yummy though it really isn't all that appealing to the eye.
I didn't need to cook it on high however, and the chicken was nice and tender.
I blogged about that recipe and how much I love your blog and can't wait to come back as well.
http://naturallysidetracked.blogspot.com

Meg said...

Tried this the other night, and it was a success. But the bigger news is that it is AMAZING in a quesadilla the next day with a touch of shredded cheese. Best lunch I have had in a while! Thank you!

Karissa said...

This was so good!!! We made it Friday, It made a lot of food. I even cut the recipe in half. We toasted corn tortilla, made little tacos.. So yummy!!! Thanks Jessi!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails