Monday, October 20, 2008

Easy Tortilla Soup


My friend Kristen Stewart was the first person to tell me about the Real Simple magazine. And it was this recipe that convinced me I needed a subscription! Talk about a simple weeknight meal. If you use a rotisserie chicken it makes it even faster!

1 12-ounce jar salsa verde
3 cups cooked chicken pieces
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
3 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
Tortilla chips (optional)

Empty the salsa into a large saucepan. Cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat, then add the chicken, beans, broth, and cumin (if desired). Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top each bowl with a sprinkling of onions, a dollop of sour cream, and some tortilla chips (if desired). For a soupier dish, use 4 cups of broth.


2 comments:

Bina H. Ellefsen said...

I love your blog. You are so gifted! I made this soup awhile back for a lunch party and loved it because it was easy and yummy. I make it often now. I'm finally getting around to trying your thai chicken slowcooker recipe tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Hope all is well with you and your family. Looking forward to hosting a pampered chef party in Feb! Love, Bina

Angela said...

I would not have expected such a simple recipe to yield such a yummy soup! And filling!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails